- Start with translating your account management strategy into different account plans.
- Make a segmentation of your accounts and develop a service model per segment.
OBJECTIVES & KEY RESULTS (OKR)
- Create accountability by making your account management plan measurable.
- Set clear objectives and the key results (OKR) in line with your long term goals and short term needs.
- Follow-up according to objectives and the key results (OKR) of your intermediaries (e.g. accounts, agents, sales partners, brokers, resellers).
- Collaborate with different colleagues on one account. Invite your partner to a digital platform for joint business planning.
OVERVIEW FOR EXECUTIVES
- Performance management only exists for internal use like displayed in a performance management software (CPM).
- Strategic objectives never leave the board room.
STRATEGIC ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
- CRM exists but no Account Management Software or Business Relationship Management Software (BRM).
- Issues of the day are taking over without knowing what the impact on resources or long term goals will be.
FOLLOW-UP ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- No single overview on account status: several sources are not connected to each other and teams are working in different files and systems.
- No historical overview: knowledge stays in the heads of the team members.
NO COMMITMENT OF SALES PARTNERS
- No BRM software: long term objectives/focus domains of the account are not displayed in a CRM or business plan.
- Little perceived value: Intermediaries like resellers, agents or sales partners are bored when talking to an account manager, little added value is perceived.
Let’s get to work !